When it comes to nutrition, the mind-boggling mix of advice can make anyone’s head spin. Should you eat whole grains, or avoid gluten? Eat lean protein, or be a vegetarian? It’s no wonder we’re all puzzled about what we should, or shouldn’t, eat.
The Paleo Diet is flexible, but it can sometimes be hard to know what counts as Paleo and what doesn’t. Right here, on the other hand, is the Pegan Diet. This diet combines the healthiest qualities of two popular eating plans (Paleo and vegan) to help you lose weight, lower cholesterol, and improve heart health. As said on Supplement Police, the Pegan Diet focuses primarily on fruits and vegetables, filling 75 percent of your diet with plants, and rounding out the other 25 percent with animal protein and high-quality fats.
The Pegan diet takes the best, most healthful qualities of both diets, creating an eating style that combines the best of two worlds.
One who does the Pegan Diet focuses on the glycemic load of your diet. This can be done on a vegan or Paleo Diet, but harder on a vegan diet. Sugar is only for special treats. Pegan Dieters focus on more protein and fats, such as nuts (not peanuts), seeds (flax, chia, hemp, sesame, pumpkin), coconut, avocados, sardines, olive oil. A Pegan Diet also encourages eating the right fats. It stays away from most vegetable oils such as canola, sunflower, corn, and especially soybean oil which now comprises about 10 percent of our calories. Focus instead on omega 3 fats, nuts, coconut, avocados. Another thing is that a Pegan Diet avoids dairy – it is for growing calves into cows, not for humans. Always go organic.
By encouraging people to stick with plant-based foods and helping to limit sugar, there’s no doubt that the Pegan Diet is good for your health. Sticking to this hybrid plan has the potential to provide benefits such as lower cholesterol and a decreased risk of diabetes.